Instagram is the world of beautiful photos and videos, and it is the responsibility of the social network to protect the uploaded media files by users. Instagram does not allow users to download video, photos and profile pictures in their mobile app, even we can not preview profile pictures on Instagram using our official app.
Using the method below, you can download and preview someone’s Instagram profile picture at full size. No third-party application installation is necessary for this method. Third-party software applications are a great idea if you want to download photos and videos attached with posts.
I did not really understand why Instagram does not allow users to preview the profile picture of another, the display image of the icon size was not appear clear some time, so I think that many users want this feature.
Now, I’ll show you a quick tutorial on how to download someone’s Instagram profile picture by copying the pasting URL on the web browser. Yes, this task can be done easily by using a third party tool, but I like the manual method for downloading and previewing profile pictures.
Follow the steps given below (applicable to both mobile and desktop):
- Go to any Instagram profile in the mobile app or desktop browser.
- Click the three-dot menu icon and select ‘Copy Profile URL’. On desktop browsers, simply copy the address bar URL.
- Open a web browser app (e.g., Chrome) and paste the URL into the address bar.
- Go to URL and you will be on Instagram user’s profile page.
- Hold or right-click on profile picture and select ‘Open Image in a New Tab’. (The screenshot below is of Chrome browser)
- Right-click or hold over the picture in Chrome and select ‘Download Image’ to download it on your device.
I hope Instagram will add functionality to view profile picture in the future, and if the feature is currently available in the app, you can still share this article to tell your friends that how to download Instagram profile picture.